Race Day: Saturday, December 15th, 2018
5K Start Time: 7:30 am
10K Start Time: 8:30 am
5K Costume Contest: 8:30 am (contest will take place at the Finish Line Expo)
10K Costume Contest: 10:00 am (contest will take place at the Finish Line Expo)
Kids Fun Run Start Time: 10:00 am
Start Line: Ocean View Park 2701 Barnard Way, Santa Monica
Finish Line: Windward Ave & Pacific Ave, Venice
Kids Fun Run Start Line: located at Windward Ave & Pacific Ave
The Christmas Run 5K and 10K course will start on Barnard Way (near Ocean Park Blvd.) and run along sunny Santa Monica Beach. The run will move south from Santa Monica, down the Venice Boardwalk onto the streets of Venice, and finish at the famous Venice Pavilion.
Parking lots are available in Santa Monica and Venice along Barnard Way (near the start line), at the end of Rose Avenue and on North Venice Boulevard (about 1 mile from the finish). Current lot fees will be in effect.
We encourage all participants to make use of public transportation, including Santa Monica’s Big Blue Bus line, Los Angeles Metro buses and the newly opened Metro Expo Train Line. Of course, bicycles are always welcome. However, be sure to bring a sturdy lock as the Christmas Run is not responsible for lost or stolen bicycles. Other creative ways to get to the start/finish include Uber/Lyft and ride sharing with friends.
Parking at Start Line:
2600 Barnard Way, Santa Monica
$10 cash only*
Lot opens at 5:00am
Approx. 1 mile from Finish Line
* Note: parking prices may vary or change
Parking at Finish Line:
200 N. Venice Blvd & 2150 Dell Ave., Venice
$10-$15 Cash Only*
Lot opens at 5:00am
Entrance is off N. Venice Blvd only.
All vehicles are required to exit onto Dell Ave.
Approx. 1 mile from Start Line
Road closures for the race begin at 6am. There will be more than 5,000 runners and thousands of spectators arriving on race day, so please plan accordingly. Allow yourself enough time to find parking at the start or finish line.
Refund Policy & Event Rules
READ CAREFULLY! IMPORTANT RACE DETAILS!
NEW: Registration Protection Program: Through the imATHLETE registration website, you can opt to buy registration cancellation coverage. See imATHLETE.com for more information.
EDIT YOUR REGISTRATION: To edit your registration CLICK HERE. The deadline to edit your registration is December 9th. After December 9th, any changes can ONLY be made at Packet Pick-up.
GEAR CHECK: Will NOT be provided for this race. Please plan accordingly. The Christmas Run is not responsible for any personal belongings left unattended.
RESULTS: Will be posted on the race website within 24 hours. NO age division awards will be given.
COSTUME CONTEST: The contest is scheduled for 8:30AM for the 5k Race and again at 10:00am for the 10k Race and will take place at the Finish Line at Windward Ave & Pacific Ave.
Awards given for the following:
Christmas Spirit Award – for Best Christmas Themed Costume
Most Original Award – for Most Creative/Artistic Costume
Santa’s Little Helpers Award – for Best Womens Group of 3+ and Best Mens Group of 3+
SHIRT SIZES: All pre-registered Christmas Run participants will receive (1) Christmas Run long-sleeved tech shirt as part of their packet. Because this race will sell out, we unfortunately CANNOT accommodate any size exchanges.
Refunds and Transfers: As a reminder and per standard race policy, all entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. This policy includes illnesses and unexpected emergencies or injuries. If you cannot attend the event, shirts will not be mailed after the race.
The Fine Print
- Refund/Transfer Policy: If not covered by imATHLETE registration protection program, all entry fees are non-refundable, non-transferable. No exceptions.
- This policy includes illnesses and unexpected emergencies or injuries. NO exceptions.
- As runner’s safety is paramount, race management reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event due to events out of management’s control such as extreme weather conditions or other emergencies as determined by race management. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances.
- Management may alter the course and distances for the safety of athletes at any time.
- The Christmas Run reserves the right to reject any entry.
- By viewing or participating in the race or any of its activities, you are giving the Christmas Run, affiliates or contractors permission to use those photographs for promotional and marketing purposes without notification or compensation.
- No mail-in registrations will be accepted. Online and in-person registration only. Online registration will be conducted via the imATHLETE platform.
- All participants must be physically prepared to take on the challenge of a 5K/10K and/or Kid’s Fun Run.
- All participants must show photo ID to receive your race bib and timing chip. Minors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All participants must pick up their race packet at the specified locations on Friday prior to the race or Saturday morning prior to the race.
- Kid’s Fun Run participants must be 12 years old or younger. Recommended for age 5 and up. Parents are encouraged to run with their child but not required to pay for adult registration.
- Official timed results will be posted near the finish line at the completion of the race and on christmasrun.com.
Follow us on social:
Bruce Mitchell, Realtor
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
Santa Monica Ford Lincoln
Tri Fit Club & Studios